Big results. Small ego. Creative. Strategic. Global. Unconventional.
Award-winning, versatile Creative Director with over 15 years of agency, product, and ecommerce experience and a proven record of creating wildly successful digital work for the world’s most recognized brands. Excels at translating strategic goals into creative ideas and leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver outstanding products. Hands on leader who thrives in fast paced agency environments. Work has been recognized with major industry awards including a Cannes Lion, Webby, iAB Mixx, Digiday Mobi, JD Power, W3, MMA Smarties, Mediapost OMMA, and FWA.
Executive Creative Director, Global Ecommerce
New York, NY // 2016-present
Led the Creative and UX strategy for consumer marketing across 200+ countries for some of the world’s top retailers.
Increased purchase intent and conversion through innovative and iterative design of best-in-class checkout experiences for clients.
- Led team of Engineers, Designers, Copywriters, and UX Designers across all facets of ideation, concept exploration, design and production both in-house and for clients (top global retailers).
- Pioneered and nurtured global marketing campaigns for top retailers across all channels of distribution (website, email, social, display, offline, etc) and increased global sales by as much as 75%.
- Audited and reimagined the checkout experience for retailers across 200+ countries through competitive research, hi-fidelity wireframes, user testing, visual designs, and collaboration with Development teams.
- Developed usability standards for forms across multiple screens and defined form components for Pitney Bowes’ Design System.
- Architected and designed a brand new consumer-facing site (borderfree.com) with improved user experience, visual design, mobile optimization, SEO, conversion optimization, social media visibility, content discovery, and measurement strategy.
- Designed and implemented a custom CMS (leveraging wordpress) to fit the advanced needs of the website, including dynamic content based on country, product catalogs, store discovery, editorial articles, promotions, order tracking, and more.
Established the creative process, vision, and resource management, while working closely with senior business executives, content and marketing strategists, and engineering teams to continue to build a better product.
Clients: Target, Harrods, Macys, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, BCBGMaxazria, American Apparel, Barney’s
Vice President, Senior Creative Director
Ansible, IPG Mediabrands
New York, NY // 2013-2016
Drove Ansible’s global vision for Creative, spanning strategic vision, new business pitches, talent growth, and technology focus. Directly responsible for 20+ new creative wins during tenure, most notably agency of record (AOR) for Kia Motors.
Advanced agency reputation with several awards including the most prestigious Cannes Lion (2012 Silver Mobile Lion for Intel’s “The Escape” iAd at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2012) and JD Power (2012 Best Mobile Site for Kia Motors).
Transformed Ansible from a mobile-only agency to a credible digital agency by winning digital AOR (Agency On Record) assignments with Kia Motors, Johnson & Johnson (Stelara), and Microsoft.
Led Creative for entire lifecycle of projects, from new business pitches and brief development, to final launch and analysis of creative performance across all accounts.
Directed Design, UX, and Production teams across 4 US offices, proactively managing team budget and resourcing to predict needs across both retainer and project-based workloads.
Worked closely with strategists, engineers, project managers, and clients across multiple concurring projects to define business needs, develop the creative strategy, present concepts, and launch final deliverables.
Championed Ansible’s reputation as a creative and innovative leader by speaking and judging at key events and winning various prestigious industry accolades.
Clients: Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, Kia Motors, Betty Crocker, Prezista, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Benadryl
Ansible, IPG Mediabrands
New York, NY // 2009-2013
Pioneered Interpublic Group’s (IPG) first mobile-dedicated full service advertising agency.
Grew Ansible’s portfolio of retention-based clients from 0 to 10+ and grew revenue streams by participating in successful new business pitches, winning fortune 500 clients, and fostering long-term relationships with clients.
- Recruited, trained, mentored, and led the Creative team to produce award-winning work.
Directed several creative “firsts” for the agency including mobile apps, html5, location-based beacons, responsive design, mobile-first design, interactive games, image recognition, and augmented reality.
Clients: Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, TurboTax, Intel, Kia Motors, Mozilla, Benadryl, Jeep, Timberland
Senior Art Director
Vettro Corp (Now Pegasystems)
New York, NY // 2003 – 2008
Led the Creative across various channels and platforms at Vettro (a pioneer in enterprise mobile apps before the invention of the smartphone) including branded and cobranded web sites, mobile apps, portals, printed materials, event space, online/email marketing, and packaging materials.
- Directed the Creative and Web Development team.
- Worked directly with Global 500 partners including Sprint, AT&T, BlackBerry, and Motorola generating successful marketing collaborations.
- Led Creative for web and print campaigns from start to finish including ideation, execution, and production.
- Implemented the company’s CRM program (Salesforce.com) in conjunction with new marketing tools, ultimately delivering double-digit growth in online leads year over year.
Senior Web Designer
National Audubon Society
New York, NY // 2000-2003
Lead web designer for the National Audubon Society, one of the largest private conservation organizations in the country.
- Designed, developed, maintained, and updated auduon.org, official site of the National Audubon Society, averaging 1.7M visits a month.
- Created storyboards and wireframes as needed for new site content.
- Updated web style sheets and pages on a regular basis and as required.
- Worked alongside back-end developers and database managers to design rich content-driven web applications.