Big results. Small ego. Creative. Strategic. Global. Unconventional.
Award-winning, versatile Creative Director with 15+ years of agency and product experience and a proven record of creating wildly successful digital experiences for the world’s most recognized brands. Excels at translating strategic goals into creative ideas and leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver outstanding client work. Hands on leader who thrives in fast paced agency environments. Work has been recognized with major industry awards including a Cannes Lion, Webby, iAB Mixx, Digiday Mobi, JD Power, W3, MMA Smarties, Mediapost OMMA, and FWA.
Executive Creative Director, Global Ecommerce
New York, NY // 2016-present
Lead ideation and execution of design/UX strategies across multiple platforms, spanning 200+ countries, for the global ecommerce business at Pitney Bowes, a fortune 500 company.
- Lead consumer creative team across all facets of ideation, concept exploration, design and production.
- Partner with marketing to build an engaging consumer brand across all channels of distribution (website, email, social,display, offline, etc)
- Ensure consistent, unified consumer experience across all platforms
- Manage projects and day-to-day responsibilities for an internal team of designers as well as direct activities of any external creative resources
- Incorporate key business initiatives and customer insights into realized customer platforms, making informed decisions with guided knowledge of customer and client impact
- Foster and nurture creative talent, encouraging collaboration and growth.
- Establish the creative process, project manage and delegate priorities to design team members, while working closely with senior business leads, content and marketing strategists, and engineering teams to continue to build a better product Articulate and track project milestones, deliverables and risks as well as communicating progress, issues and accomplishments
- Work across the organization with key stakeholders including Marketing, Product, IT, and Client Management (among others)
Vice President, Senior Creative Director
Ansible, IPG Mediabrands
New York, NY // 2013-2016
Drove Ansible’s global vision for Creative, spanning strategic vision, new business pitches, talent growth, and technology focus. Directly responsible for 20+ new creative wins during tenure, most notably agency of record (AOR) for Kia Motors.
- Transformed Ansible from a mobile only agency to a credible digital agency by winning digital AOR assignments with Kia Motors, Johnson & Johnson (Stelara), and Microsoft (Microsoft Partner Network).
- Led Creative for entire lifecycle of projects, from new business pitches and brief development, to final launch and analysis of creative performance across all accounts.
- Directed Design, UX, and Production teams across 4 US offices, proactively managing team budget and resourcing to predict needs across both retainer and project-based workloads.
- Worked closely with strategists, engineers, project managers, and clients across multiple concurring projects to define business needs, develop the creative strategy, present concepts, and launch final deliverables.
- Championed Ansible’s reputation as a creative and innovative leader by speaking and judging at key events and winning various prestigious industry accolades.
- Trained newly acquired Austalian team (MNet) on Ansible’s creative vision and internal processes, boosting resources, productivity, collaboration, capabilities, and international growth.
Clients: Betty Crocker, Prezista, Aveeno, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, Kia Motors, Universal Technical Institute
Ansible, IPG Mediabrands
New York, NY // 2009-2013
Defined and expanded the vision for the Creative practice at Interpublic Group’s (IPG) mobile dedicated specialist. Personally represented the Agency’s Creative capabilities, built internal processes, and ensured the highest quality of deliverables from idea to launch and iteration. Served as primary creative expert and advisor for prospects and clients to grow new revenue streams.
- Grew Ansible’s portfolio and revenue by participating in successful new business pitches including Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, TurboTax, Intel, Kia Motors, and Mozilla, and fostering long-term relationships with clients.
- Recruited, trained, mentored, and led the Creative team to produce work that is on strategy, fulfills business needs, and lives up to Ansible’s stringent standards.
- Pioneered several creative “firsts” for the agency including mobile apps, html5, responsive design, parallax, interactive games, image recognition, augmented reality, CRM, and Apple iAds.
- Advanced agency reputation with multiple Creative accolades including a Cannes Lion.
Clients: Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, TurboTax, Intel, Kia Motors, Mozilla, Benadryl, Jeep, Timberland
Senior Art Director
Vettro Corp (Now Pegasystems)
New York, NY // 2003 – 2008
Led the Creative across various channels and platforms at Vettro (a pioneer in enterprise mobile apps before the invention of the smartphone) including branded and cobranded web sites, mobile apps, portals, printed materials, event space, online/email marketing, and packaging materials.
- Directed the Creative and Web Development team.
- Worked directly with Global 500 partners including Sprint, AT&T, BlackBerry, and Motorola generating successful marketing collaborations.
- Led Creative for web and print campaigns from start to finish including ideation, execution, and production.
- Implemented the company’s CRM program (Salesforce.com) in conjunction with new marketing tools, ultimately delivering double-digit growth in online leads year over year.
Senior Web Designer
National Audubon Society
New York, NY // 2000-2003
Lead web designer for the National Audubon Society, one of the largest private conservation organizations in the country.
- Designed, developed, maintained, and updated auduon.org, official site of the National Audubon Society, averaging 1.7M visits a month.
- Created storyboards and wireframes as needed for new site content.
- Updated web style sheets and pages on a regular basis and as required.
- Worked alongside back-end developers and database managers to design rich content-driven web applications.